Friday, April 19, 2013

Third Wheel


A few weeks ago Dave and Billy were going on and on (and on) about their favorite restaurants on their road trips to the coolest antique places and dish places and barns and factories and blah blah blah I couldn’t take it another second! So, I imposed myself on a Dave/Billy road trip. As you know, I usually stay home to raise Susie.
Well, I usually stay home.

Must. Get. Away. From teenager!

I decided to shake up Dave’s routine by replacing his Led Zeppelin and Foreigner type music with Coffee House radio featuring my all-time favorite songs in acoustic versions.
“We can put your music on when we get to Ohio,” said I.
“Ohio is our final destination!” said Dave.



Billy goes in the Fishs Eddy truck while Dave and I go in our vehicle, an SUV that I’ve named The Boca-mobile. One day color-blind Dave went out to buy us a car that he insists to this day is olive green, but it’s not, its gold like the lobby of my mother’s country club in Boca.





Dave loves to drive and I hate to drive but I need to stay in practice. When I tell Dave I would like to drive for a while he says “I’m not unconscious yet.” 
I drive about five percent of the trip. We listen to Coffee House radio about ninety five percent of the trip.

Cramping Dave's style                                                    Selfie next to Sleepy

After a long day in the car we get to Dave and Billy’s favorite steakhouse. Billy was over an hour behind because of the rain so Dave and I sat down to wait. Dave proceeded to tell me about how he and Billy love the bread and their favorite wine and the crab martini and stuff rolled in bacon and blah blah blah I couldn't take it another second...WHERE IS BILLY!? 

"Save me a dinner roll!" says Billy

We stopped at a bunch of places and got lots of great stuff. Billy found this ginormous bowl that I tweeted “Chris Christie’s cereal bowl” but I took it down because it offended someone.


We didn’t get the Reagan tea pots because the hair patch lid didn't fit and so Reagan was defective.


All these American made dishes inspired me to tweet this.



The trip was all gravy boats from there.

"Thank you for letting me tag along!" says this wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment